This article covers over 185 current topics in cancer research, feel free to go through the entire list and pick a topic that is best suited for you. You will also find exemplar asthma personal essays about cancer.
The word “cancer” is used to refer to a broad category of tumors that can develop anywhere on the body. Cells that develop abnormally and uncontrollably and spread all over the body are the hallmark of cancer.
The study of the factors that contribute to the development of tumors benefited much by observation of the so-called occupational cancer. Using soot, smoke, and coal distillation byproducts as a long-term contaminant, English surgeon Pott documented scrotum skin cancer in chimney sweeps in 1775. These findings served as the foundation for a study conducted between 1915 and 1916 by Japanese researchers Yamagiva and Ichikawa, who started applying coal tar to rabbits’ ears to induce experimental cancer.
Cancer is a condition brought on by modifying cells in the body, but it is impossible to foresee where, when, or how the cellular program will malfunction. Only conditions known to medicine, such as radiation exposure, toxic drug exposure, and a general decline in immunity, diminish the risk of mutations. Even yet, there is no guarantee that cancer will develop as a result of any of these causes.
Surgical treatment, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy are generally used to treat cancer.
Current Topics in Cancer Research + Essays About Cancer
Current Topics in Cancer Research
Argumentative Cancer Essay Topics
- The effectiveness of various treatments for cancer
- The ethics of cancer research and treatment
- The impact of cancer on patients and their families
- Cancer’s link to other diseases
- Possible causes of cancer
- The need for continued research into cancer
You can also check out How To Start A Nursing Essay
Compare and Contrast Cancer Essay Topics
- Biology of cancer
- Types of cancer
- Cancer treatments
- Survival rates for different types of cancer
- Causes and factors that lead to cancer
- Complex Fibroadenoma and Breast Cancer Risk
- Corrution the cancer of Indian society
- Creativity in People With Cancer Essay (Critical Writing)
- CRISPR and Cas-9 Technology as the Solution to Cancer
- Culberson County, Texas: the Unreported County in Regards to Cancer Occurrence
- Current Standing of Breast Cancer and its Effects on the Society Research
- Decision-Making in Cancer MDT
- Depression and Cancer in Caucasian Female Patient
- Depression is a Cancer of the Mind
- Descriptive Epidemiology of Cancer in the UK Report
- Details on Cancer in US
- Dietary Approach to Colon Cancer Prevention
- Different Types of Cancer and Treatment
- Different Views on Cancer Based on Religion, Culture, Race, Class and Gender
- Do Cell Phones Cause Cancer
- Dog’s Are Kids’ Best Friends: Reducing Symptoms of Cancer Treatments
- Dying of Breast Cancer in the 1800s
- Dyspnea in Cancer Patients Editing
- Early Detection of Lung Cancer
- Education is a right not a privilegeWhat if the cure for cancer
- Effective Solutions to the Prevention of Cervical Cancer
- Effects of X-rays, Water Bottle Plastics and Cell Phones in The Cause of Cancer as Illustrated in a Bioethics Study
- Emotional and Psychological Effects of Cancer
- Employing Cancer Vulnerability Reduction in Ukraine Research
- The emotional impact of cancer diagnosis and treatment
- The spiritual impact of cancer
- Death and cancer
- Caring for someone with cancer
- Coping with cancer during remission
Analytical Cancer Essay Topics
- What are the symptoms of cancer?
- How is cancer diagnosed?
- What are some treatments for cancer?
- What is the prognosis for people with cancer?
- What are the causes of cancer?
- What factors might increase your risk of developing cancer?
- What can you do to reduce your risk of developing cancer?
- How can you cope with the diagnosis of cancer?
- How can you live with cancer?
- How can cancer be prevented?
You can also check out How to Write a Persuasive Essay
Persuasive Cancer Essay Topics
Persuasive cancer essay topics are plentiful and varied, so there is no need to feel limited when writing about the topic. You can explore different angles and perspectives, make a strong case for intervention, or simply share your thoughts on what you believe may be effective in preventing the disease. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- What role do personal beliefs play in cancer prevention?
- What have been some of the most successful cancer prevention programs?
- How can we best support cancer patients and their families?
- What might be responsible for rising rates of cancer?
- What could be done to reduce the incidence and severity of cancer?
- What can be done to reduce the stigma associated with cancer?
- How do we move forward in addressing the large financial burden cancer imposes on society?
- In what ways could improved early detection efforts help reduce the incidence of cancer?
- What should be done to improve the quality of cancer care?
- What factors can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of cancer prevention and treatment programs?
- What kind of research is necessary to improve our understanding of cancer etiology and pathogenesis?
- What can be done to ensure that patients have accurate information about their cancer diagnosis and treatment options?
- A Community Capacity-Enhancement Approach to Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Coursework
- A Look at The Root, Impact, and Remedy for Pancreatic Cancer
- A Research Paper on Skin Cancer Detection Using Cnn
- A Short Essay About Cancer
- A Study of How Cleveland Clinics Price Their Cancer Treatment and Screening Services
- About Breast Cancer Disease
- Air Pollution as a Factor for Renal Cancer
- Alternative medicines for various forms of cancer
- American Cancer Society
- American Cancer Society’ Social Media Networks Usage Research
- An Overview of Leukemia – Blood Cancer
- Angiostatic Approaches to Cancer Therapy
- Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign Report
- Anti-angiogenic Therapy for Breast Cancer
- Anti-angiogenic Therapy in Breast Cancer
- Application of Nanotechnology in Diagnosis and Treatment of Diseases: Cancer
- Approach to Care: Cancer
- Argumentative Essay on Cervical Cancer
- Asbestos and Rising Of Cancer
- Assigment of Cancer and It’s Causes
- Association of CYP3A4 in Cancer Occurrence Severity and Drug Metabolism
- Battle Against Cancer in New York State
- What can be done to increase the number of cancer survivors?
Cancer Essay Topics for College Students
- Cancer Disease and Its Impact Report
- Cancer Epidemic Research and Expectations
- Breast Cancer Persuasive
- Breast Cancer Public Relations Campaign Report
- Breast cancer reflection
- Breast Cancer Risk Factors: Genetic and Nutritional Influences
- Breast Cancer Screening Among Non-Adherent Women Report
- Breast Cancer Screening in Young American Women Proposal
- Breast Cancer Signs Guideline
- Breast Cancer Survivors: Effects of a Psychoeducational Intervention Essay (Critical Writing)
- Breast Cancer Susceptibility Gene (BRCA2) Report
- Breast Cancer Symptoms and Causes
- Breast Cancer Understanding Report (Assessment)
- Breast Cancer Walk
- Brief Information on Skin Cancer
- Campaign on Implementation of Lifestyle Change Program to Prevent Breast Cancer
- Can Korean Red Ginseng Increase the Life Span of Cancer Patients?
- Cancer – Is Prevention better than cure?
- Cancer Epidemiology Among Chinese Americans
- Cancer Epidemiology for American Population
- Cancer Epidemiology in the United States
- Cancer Fighting Diet
- Cancer Informative Speech
- Cancer is a destructive disease
- Cancer Longitudinal Exploration
- Cancer Outline and The Importance of Cancer Research
- Cancer Pathophysiology and Nursing Management
- Cancer Patient’s Autonomy and Medical Ethics
- Cancer Patients’ Financial Status and Life Quality
- Cancer Screening in Lesbians, Gays, Transgenders Research
- Cancer the Silent Killer
- Cancer Treatment | Latest Technologies
- Cancer Treatment and Life Quality in Adult Patients Essay (Article)
- Cancer treatment by Nanotechnology Report
- Cancer Treatment Effects on Sexual Function Proposal
- Cancer vs Diabetes
- Cannabis and Cancer Pain Management Coursework
- Care Needs of Children Whose Parents Have Incurable Cancer
- Case Management for Breast Cancer Patients
- Case Study – Bowel Cancer
Relevant Cancer Essay Topics
- Diets that can prevent cancer
- How does X-ray cause cancer?
- The kind of cancers that can be cured surgically
- Susceptibility of cancer
- Is there a link between skin bleaching and cancer?
- The best way to be free from cancer
- Prognosis of the various stages of cancer
- Support programs and therapies that assist cancer patients in living a happy life
- Do environmental factors cause cancer?
- Causes of lung cancer aside from smoking
- Cancer and its effects on the immune system
- Causes of cancer
- Benign and malignant neoplasia: difference and similarities
- Cancer and your Mental Health
- What are the factors that increase ones susceptibility to cancer
- How to stop the spread of cancerous cells within the body
- Researches on cancer and their importance in the treatment of cancer
- Every one in four women is liable to develop breast cancer. What are medical experts doing about it?
- Aggressive chemotherapy in managing cancer
- Does smoking cause cancer?
- Is cancer hereditary?
- Does smoking cause cancer of the lungs?
- The common challenges that cancer patients face
- Is cancer phasic?
- Is cancer life-threatening?
- Is cancer curable?
- Best ways to manage cancer
- How to tell if a person will develop cancer
- The effects of cancer on a family
- What factors make women very prone to breast cancer, and how can they protect themselves from developing it?
- Signs and symptoms of cancer
- How to detect breast cancer
- Psychological effects of cancer
- Which foods are mutagenic?
- Can cancer be managed without medication?
- Do sexually transmitted infections make a person more vulnerable to cancer of the reproductive system?
- Does lack of exercise cause cancer?
- Treatment of cancer with herbs
- How to prevent cancer
- Are secondary smokers liable to have lung cancer?
- How doctors stop the spread of cancer within the body
- Things that have been discovered through cancer research
- Can laptops really cause cervical and testicular cancer?
- Common carcinogenic product that an average person uses every day
- Cancer and clinical trials
- Is a non-smoker also liable to develop cancer?
- How do cancer cells spread?
- Is cancer a genetic disease?
- Prostate cancer and age
- Is there a link between lifestyle and cancer?
- Cancer and the upcoming generation
- Your lifestyle and cancer
- Is a particular race more susceptible to cancer?
- Why do people hardly talk about the cure of cancer even when it’s out there
- Effects of radiation therapy on a person with cancer
- Is cancer communicable?
- Can excessive use of earplugs and cellphones cause brain cancer?
- Early testing and detection help in the treatment of cancer
- Diagnosis of cancer
- How people with cancer can live long
You can also check out Psychology Essay Topics
Cancer Essay Outline
If you want to compose your paper fast, you’ll need a good plan. It shows what sections you need to fulfill. Thus, the work runs smoothly and quickly. Therefore, a cancer essay outline will come to you in handy.
- Introductory section
- General idea
- A thesis statement
- The main plot
- Development of your concepts
- Implementation of the evidence and examples
- Summarization of your project
Make a captivating first line, introduce subtopics and the main argument. Develop your thesis and sub-topics in the main plot, which should be supported by good examples. The defining chapter is a summary of your main points and your opinion about the entire issue.
Essays About Cancer
Over the past week, I have learned a lot about health knowledge deficits and lack of primary prevention education in rural areas...
It has come to your attention that an international hospital aggressively recruits brain cancer patients in your local area. Their innovative treatment is approved in their country; however is considered experimental in your own country
Colon cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the large intestine (colon). Colon cancer typically affects older adults, though it can happen at any age.
Cancer Essay Exemplar
The abnormal cell growth in our body which spreads to other parts as well is what is termed as cancer. Around four lakh of people in India are known to be affected by this disease every year. More so, around half of them are not able to survive as they are usually detected in the last stages of cancer. Hence it is all the more important to educate the people about this disease and its symptoms so that it can be detected early and the lives of the people suffering from it can be saved.
Types of Cancer:
Cancer can affect any body part. The part that is affected gives it the name, for instance, lung cancer which affects the lungs, skin cancer in which the skin is affected and so on. However, we can broadly divide cancer into four types. The first one is Sarcoma which is known to affect the blood vessels, bones, muscles cartilages and connective tissues.
The second type of cancer is Carcinoma which affects the internal organs of the body or the skin. The third type is the Lymphoma. This cancer affects the lymph glands and the lymph nodes. The last type in which cancer can be categorised is Leukaemia which largely affects the parts forming blood such as the bone marrow.
Symptoms of Cancer:
Although no particular cause is known to trigger this disease, some activities have been associated as the cause of different types of cancer. The first and foremost is smoking. Excess smoking affects the entire respiratory system thereby leading to the onset of lung cancer.
More so chewing tobacco is also attributed to giving rise to mouth and throat cancer. Similarly, alcohol is attributed to be the cause of stomach, liver and gallbladder cancer. Summarising it, all the ill habits of society and urbanisation have been attributed to this disease. Even radiations coming from X-ray machines can prove harmful and lead to cancer. That is why there are proper laws an protection in place when exposing people to these harmful radiations.
If detected in early stages, cancer can surely be curable. Surgery is one of the primary steps of curing this disease. If required, doctors remove the body part affected such as the uterus, gallbladder or the breast. Thereafter, through radiotherapy, the cancerous cells on the other affected parts of the body are killed so that they don’t spread to other parts. Chemotherapy is done using the strong chemical in order to kill the cancerous cells.
Other methods such as tumour suppressing genes are used in different types of cancer as may be the need advised by the doctors. Whatever the method, it is extremely difficult to go through the pain and social stigma such as loss hair which comes alongside the treatment of cancer.
Living with this Disease:
It is indeed very difficult to live with this disease as not only this disease is not fully curable but the treatment is so tough that it scares even the toughest of individuals. We, as a society, must support the people suffering from cancer and help in their difficult times. We must not discriminate them and must understand that is already suffering a lot and must not do anything which further aggravates their sufferings.
You can also check out Depression Essay Topics
1. What is the meaning of cancer?
Cancer comes in many forms and types. Cancer is the collective name given to the disease where certain cells of the person’s body start dividing continuously, refusing to stop.
2. What are the causes of cancer?
Although the common cancer diagnosed in women is breast cancer, 28% of the deaths arising from cancer are from lung cancer. Since cancer is as a result of cells that do not die and grow uncontrollably, then the causes of cancer are many and different. Normal cells follow an orderly path of growth, division and eventually their death.
3. What is breast cancer in simple words?
Breast cancer is concerning a large number of female individuals worldwide. This disease comes from abnormally developed breast tissue, which usually begins in either lobules or ducts of the breast.
- National Cancer Institute Data Analysis – Best Solved Samples(2022)
- Women’s and Men’s Health, Infectious Disease, and Hematologic Disorders: Case Study of Middle- Aged Woman with a Family History of Breast Cancer (2022)
- Literature Review on Breast Cancer Research(2022)
- Knowledge and Perception of Cervical Cancer Research (2022)
- Research into the Information Requirements of People Affected by Breast Cancer (2022)
- Lung Cancer: History – Causes- Types and Treatments(2022)
- Descriptive Statistics: Using the Data on The National Cancer Institute Calculate the Descriptive Statistics