1. Question: Lipid-soluble hormone receptors are located
2. Question: Where is oxytocin synthesized?
3. Question: A surgical individual just arrived on the unit from the postanesthesia care unit. This person’s respirations are 4 per minute and shallow. As the nurse calls for assistance, the person suddenly feels jittery and breathing quickens. Which of the following feedback loops is operating for the nurse in this situation?
4. Question: What effect does hyperphosphatemia have on other electrolytes?
5. Question: What is the target tissue for prolactin-releasing factor (PRF)?
6. Question: A person who has experienced physiologic stresses will have increased levels of which hormone?
7. Question: Which hormone is involved in the regulation of serum calcium levels?
8. Question: Target cells for parathyroid hormone (PTH) are located in the
9. Question: The portion of the pituitary that secretes oxytocin is the _____ pituitary.
10. Question: Which mineral is needed for the synthesis of thyroid hormones?
11. Question: When insulin binds its receptors on muscle cells, an increase in glucose uptake by the muscle cells is the result. This is an example of a _____ effect by a hormone.
12. Question: Which of the following hormones acts on its target cell via a second messenger?
13. Question: The first lab test that indicates type 1 diabetes is causing the development of diabetic nephropathy is
14. Question: The cause of neurogenic diabetes insipidus (DI) is related to an organic lesion of the
15. Question: Which disorder is caused by hypersecretion of the growth hormone (GH) in adults?
16. Question: What causes the microvascular complications of clients with diabetes mellitus?
17. Question: Which of the following laboratory values would the nurse expect to find if a person is experiencing syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone (SIADH)?
18. Question: Which of the following laboratory values is consistently low in a client with diabetes insipidus (DI)?
19. Question: The effects of syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone (SIADH) include solute
20. Question: The level of thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) in Graves disease is usually
21. Question: Polyuria occurs with diabetes mellitus because of
22. Question: The most common cause of hypoparathyroidism is