Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 2: Strategies to Promote Academic Integrity and Professional Ethics
Nurse-scholars have a significant obligation to their community as well. Their work must have academic and professional integrity. Their efforts are designed to add to the body of knowledge, advance the profession, and ultimately help in the care of patients. Work that lacks integrity is subject to erode quickly or worse.
Fortunately, there are strategies and tools that can help ensure integrity in academic and professional work. This Assignment asks you to consider these tools and how you might apply them to your own work.
In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by appending the original document you began in the previous assignment. ORIGINAL DOCUMENT (ATTACHED).
In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by appending the original document you began in the previous assignment.
- Reflect on the strategies presented in the Resources for this Module in support of academic style, integrity, and scholarly ethics.
- Reflect on the connection between academic and professional integrity.
Part 2, Section 1: Writing Sample: The Connection Between Academic and Professional Integrity
Using the Academic and Professional Success Development Template you began in Module 1, write a 2- to 3-paragraph analysis that includes the following:
- Explanation for the relationship between academic integrity and writing
- Explanation for the relationship between professional practices and scholarly ethics
- Cite at least two resources that support your arguments, being sure to use proper APA formatting.
- Use Grammarly and SafeAssign to improve the product.
- Explain how Grammarly, Safe Assign, and paraphrasing contributes to academic integrity.
Part 2, Section 2: Strategies for Maintaining Integrity of Work
Expand on your thoughts from Section 1 by identifying and describing strategies you intend to pursue to maintain integrity and ethics of your:
- academic work as a student of the MSN program and
- professional work as a nurse throughout your career. Include a review of resources and approaches you propose to use as a student and a professional.
American Nurses Association. (2015). Code of ethics for nurses with interpretive statements. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/coe-view-only
· Chapter 1, “Scholarly Writing and Publishing Principles”
o Section 1.17, “Implications of Plagiarism and Self-Plagiarism” (p. 21)
· Chapter 4, “Writing Style and Grammar”
· Chapter 8, “Works Credited in the Text”
o Section 8.2, “Plagiarism” (p. 254)
o Section 8.3, “Self-Plagiarism” (p. 256)
· Chapter 10, “Reference Examples”
Nursing Ethic and Code of Conduct Essays Examples
|Part 2: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act- brief overview of PPACA.||The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, brief overview of PPACA, implications of the PPACA for public health.|
|Why Code of Ethics is Important in Nursing Profession||This paper will discuss the code of ethics in details including the purpose and the implications of the code of ethics.|
|Summarize what the ACA Code of Ethics says about the following: report writing, record keeping, and service reimbursement.||What special precautions or practices should a private practitioner adopt in order to minimize professional liability and ensure that their treatment of clients remains soundly within the boundaries of professional practice standards?|
|code of ethics for nurses||code of ethics for nurses|