Discussion: Review of Current Healthcare Issues
If you were to ask 10 people what they believe to be the most significant issue facing healthcare today, you might get 10 different answers. Escalating costs? Regulation? Technology disruption?
These and many other topics are worthy of discussion. Not surprisingly, much has been said in the research, within the profession, and in the news about these topics. Whether they are issues of finance, quality, workload, or outcomes, there is no shortage of changes to be addressed.
In this Discussion, you examine a national healthcare issue and consider how that issue may impact your work setting. You also analyze how your organization has responded to this issue.
- Review the Resources and select one current national healthcare issue/stressor to focus on.
- Reflect on the current national healthcare issue/stressor you selected and think about how this issue/stressor may be addressed in your work setting.
By Day 3 of Week 1
Post a description of the national healthcare issue/stressor you selected for analysis, and explain how the healthcare issue/stressor may impact your work setting. Then, describe how your health system work setting has responded to the healthcare issue/stressor, including a description of what changes may have been implemented. Be specific and provide examples.
By Day 6 of Week 1
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who chose a different national healthcare issue/stressor than you selected. Explain how their chosen national healthcare issue/stressor may also impact your work setting and what (if anything) is being done to address the national healthcare issue/stressor.
Current Healthcare Issues
As the healthcare industry continues to spiral out of control, more and more people are beginning to realize that they need to take action. Unfortunately, many of these people are still not sure where to start. This is why it is so important for people to understand the current healthcare issues. Here are five of the most important ones.
1. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was supposed to be a step in the right direction for healthcare reform, but it has largely failed. The ACA was meant to provide more affordable health insurance for all Americans, but it has instead caused premiums to skyrocket and coverage to dwindle. In addition, the law has done little to fix the underlying problems with the healthcare system.
Are you looking for answers to a similar assignment?Nursingstudy.org has the top and most qualified writers to help with any of your assignments. All you need to do is place an order with us. (Review of Current Healthcare Issues Discussion Sample)
2. The opioid crisis is one of the biggest health concerns that we currently face. Opioids are powerful drugs that are used to treat pain, but they have also been linked with addiction and overdose deaths. In fact, opioids are now responsible for more deaths than car accidents and HIV combined. We need to do something about this problem, and fast.
3. One of the biggest challenges facing America’s healthcare system is the growing cost of healthcare. Healthcare costs are rising faster than inflation, and this trend is only going to continue in the future. In fact, healthcare costs are projected to increase by an average of 7% per year over the next decade. This means that healthcare costs will continue to rise far beyond what most Americans can afford.
4. Another major issue facing America’s healthcare system is the increasing number of people without health insurance. In 2016, an estimated 54 million Americans – or about one in five adults – lacked health insurance coverage. This number has been rising steadily for years now, and it seems like it is only going to get worse in the future. If current trends continue, by 2020 there will be 59 million Americans without health insurance coverage.
Nursing Discussion Examples
|Nursing Discussion Post Writing – How To Write A Nursing Discussion Post For Your Nursing Class||How to write a nursing discussion post for your nursing class (Nursing Discussion Post Writing), Steps to Complete a Substantive Discussion, and Steps to Complete a peer response.|
|Capella University Fundamental Principles Of Care Coordination Discussion||Capella University Fundamental Principles Of Care Coordination Discussion|
|N582 Mod 8 Discussion: Students Evaluation||N582 Mod 8 Discussion: Students Evaluation|
|Discussion and Conclusion of a DNP Capstone Project [Outline]||A Discussion and Conclusion of a DNP Capstone Project summarizes the main points of the paper and provides a closure to the reader.|
|How to write a Nursing Discussion Post [+Examples]||Nursing discussion post Writing In this post, we will be discussing how to write a nursing discussion post. This type of post is common in online nursing programs and can be used to discuss a variety of topics related to nursing.|
1. What are the current challenges in healthcare?
List of Top 10 Healthcare Challenges Faced by Healthcare Service Providers
- Harnessing Advanced Health Technology.
- Information and Integrated Health Services.
- Rising Healthcare Costs.
- Payment Processing and Invoicing.
- Pressure on Pharmaceutical Prices.
- Healthcare Regulatory Changes.
- Healthcare Staffing Shortages.
2. What is the problem with healthcare in America?
U.S. healthcare underperforms in most verticals. High cost is the primary reason that prevents Americans from accessing health care services. Americans with below-average incomes are much more affected, since visiting a physician when sick, getting a recommended test, or follow-up care has become unaffordable.
3. What are three of the biggest challenges facing healthcare leaders?
5 Challenges Faced by Today’s Healthcare Administrators
- Addressing the Rising Cost of Healthcare.
- Recruiting Top Nursing Talent.
- Managing Medicare and Medicaid.
- Expanding the Use of Telehealth and Virtual Healthcare.
- Protecting Against Cyberattacks.