Population Health: Part I
This assignment will be completed in two parts. The purpose of this two-part assignment is to identify an at-risk population, evaluate the disparities contributing to their health issue, and propose an intervention to improve health for that community.
· A minimum of three to four scholarly or peer-reviewed research articles are required. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite to verify similarity scores and check for plagiarism.
The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate an at-risk population affected by a population-based health condition. You will use the topic you select here to complete Part II of this assignment.
Write a 750-1,000-word paper and include the following.
1. Refer to the topic Resource “Data and Statistics” for examples of population-based health conditions. Select a population-based health condition and a high-risk group affected by the population-based condition. An example of this would be looking at the prevalence rates of diseases ( population-based health condition) in vaccinated children versus groups where parents may withhold vaccinations because of feared side effects ( high-risk group).
2. Describe the high-risk group and population-based health condition you selected. Explain why this group is considered high-risk.
3. Compare the prevalence rate of the selected population-based health condition for this high-risk group between two similar areas (county to county, state to state, country to country). Refer to the topic Resources for assistance with your comparison.
4. Evaluate the social determinants that lead to disparities and health outcomes for your selected at-risk population and explain why they differ between your selected population and a population of comparison from a similar area.
5. Discuss what evidence-based interventions have been introduced to try and improve the health outcomes for this high-risk population and whether they have been effective.
6. Discuss current electronic or online consumer health information available for the population on the health issue (e.g., the topic Resource, “Find and Compare Nursing Homes, Hospitals and Other Providers Near You”).
Loan, L. A., Parnell, T. A., Stichler, J. F., Boyle, D. K., Allen, P., VanFosson, C. A., & Barton, A. J. (2018). Call for action: Nurses must play a critical role to enhance health literacy. Nursing Outlook, 66(1), 97-100.
Read Chapters 5-7 in Population-Based Nursing: Concepts and Competencies for Advanced Practice. https://bibliu.com/app/#/view/books/9780826136749/epub/OEBPS/xhtml/9780826136749_Contents.html#page_8
Explore the Explore Health Rankings page of the County Health Rankings and Roadmaps website. https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/explore-health-rankings
Explore the Community Health Assessments and Community Health Improvement Plans page of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. https://www.cdc.gov/publichealthgateway/cha/plan.html
Explore the Find and Compare Nursing Homes, Hospitals and Other Providers Near You page of the Medicare.gov website. https://www.medicare.gov/care-compare/?providerType=Hospital&redirect=true
Weis, J., (2021, April 6). 2021 County health rankings show gaps and health disparities for Latinos. Salud America! https://salud-america.org/2021-county-health-rankings-show-gaps-health-disparities-for-latinos/
Nursing Ethic and Code of Conduct Essays Examples
|Part 2: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act- brief overview of PPACA.
|The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, brief overview of PPACA, implications of the PPACA for public health.
|Why Code of Ethics is Important in Nursing Profession
|This paper will discuss the code of ethics in details including the purpose and the implications of the code of ethics.
|Summarize what the ACA Code of Ethics says about the following: report writing, record keeping, and service reimbursement.
|What special precautions or practices should a private practitioner adopt in order to minimize professional liability and ensure that their treatment of clients remains soundly within the boundaries of professional practice standards?
|code of ethics for nurses
|code of ethics for nurses