Please consider how you have developed the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that enable your achievement of the Course Goals listed in the syllabus. Then write an APA-style essay reflecting on how this course has helped you achieve these goals.
This graduate-level course focuses on designing the nursing curriculum in diverse learning environments using evidence-based theories and concepts as well as relevant standards and criteria for evaluation. The relationship of the nursing curriculum to the parent institutionâ€™s mission and philosophy is analyzed. Development, implementation, and evaluation of a continuing education program for staff, patients, or public education also is emphasized.
- Analyze the influence of a mission statement, philosophy, and theoretical foundations in developing and assessing a curriculum.
- Compare and contrast various approaches to curriculum development.
- Assess the socio-cultural influences on nursing curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Relate faculty development to curriculum development.
- Evaluate data related to contextual factors that influence curriculum development, using findings to determine future curriculum direction.
- Advocate for and support the need for integrating standards into the program of study.
- Scrutinize the effects of an integrated and interdisciplinary curriculum.
- Participate in the evaluation of nursing curricula.