Please consider how you have developed the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that enable your achievement of the Course Goals listed in the syllabus. Then write an APA-style essay reflecting on how this course has helped you achieve these goals.
This graduate-level course introduces the principles of teaching and learning among a diverse population of learners in academic and clinical environments. A variety of strategies to facilitate learning in cognitive, psychomotor, and affective domains will be explored. Students will develop learning activities for the traditional, non-traditional, and online learning environments in academic and clinical settings, utilizing evidence-based resources to support teaching and learning. Integrating educational technology within the learning environment is also a component of the course. Various methods for designing, conducting, and analyzing assessments and evaluations of learning outcomes will be appraised.
- Differentiate among selected teaching/learning philosophies and their implications in constructing a framework for nursing education.
- Evaluate the general principles of testing and measurement.
- Evaluate the impact of various learning styles and socio-cultural factors on teaching and evaluation.
- Compare and contrast teaching methods and materials used in classrooms, clinical, and non-traditional learning environments
- Select appropriate teaching strategies that promote active learning and critical thinking in diverse educational settings in clients with diverse learning needs and styles.
- Utilize educational technology to develop, deliver, and evaluate various assessment measures
- Compare and contrast the National League for Nursing Educator Competencies with personal achievements and needs for development as a nurse educator.
- Apply evidenced-based research to implement systematic test construction and evaluation.
- Analyze social, ethical, and legal issues related to testing and measurement at multiple levels (individual, class, program, and institutional).