I’m trying to learn for my Business class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
CBRE Finance Realty Essay Example
The Rise and Fall of CBRE Realty Finance
CBRE Realty Finance went public in 2006 as a specialty finance company formed as a REIT for tax purposes. It was, essentially, a mortgage REIT with a broad mandate. Your assignment is to analyze the company’s arc from initial capital formation (pre-IPO) to its ultimate delisting and name change. In discussing your broad analysis of what happened to this company, you should focus (though not exclusively) on:
- Sources and uses of capital: Pre-IPO; IPO; during its life.
- What were the investments?
- What worked/didn’t work and why. Bottom line: why did the company fail?
- Why was this REIT unsustainable: Investment choices? Management? Market? Can you recommendany changes that might have resulted in a different outcome?
- You should discuss whether the business model makes sense and why similar companies succeed or fail.
*please use bullet points
*make sure its CBRE Realty Finance, not CBRE Groups